[luau] Debian and MonMotha's Firewall

MonMotha monmotha at indy.rr.com
Fri Oct 25 16:55:01 PDT 2002

Myles Uyema wrote:
> You can stick the command into /etc/network/interfaces
> (man 5 interfaces to read the manpage)
>
> #Example interfaces file will run firewall.sh after eth0 is brought up
> auto eth0
> iface eth0 inet dhcp
> up /root/firewall.sh

A better way is to run it once (to generate the ruleset), and then use
iptables-save to save it to a file.  You can then use iptables-restore
to restore the ruleset on startup.  Some distributions already have a
place to put the file where it will be automatically loaded
(/etc/sysconfig/iptables on redhat I believe).

--MonMotha