[luau] Linux newbie seeks easy transition

Eric Hattemer hattenator at imapmail.org
Wed Oct 23 20:20:00 PDT 2002

Well, the NAT is easy.  MonMotha on the list here has a famous script
that makes that quite simple.

What program is your financial stuff in?

Files backup, sharing, networking, and printing can all be done with the
SAMBA program, but I'm not expert on that.

If you really want a network printer, you can buy a little box that
makes a regular printer (possibly only HP) and makes it into a net
printer.  But you shouldn't need a printer.  There is LPR printing
software for windows, and SAMBA creates a printer share as though it
were a windows print server.

Unless you give some more information, it seems your main issues are
solved by SAMBA and SAMBA SWAT.  Look into those and ask the list for
help.  I've never really used those myself.

-Eric Hattemer