[luau] talking smack

Charles Lockhart lockhart at jeans.ifa.hawaii.edu
Mon Oct 21 08:48:00 PDT 2002

It's been my unfortunate personal experience and overall observation
that criticizing people on this list for making negative or disparaging
personal remarks about others just leads them to make negative and
disparaging personal remarks about you, both publicly on the list and
privately via email.  It makes it difficult for me to contribute to any
thread that isn't primarily technical.

Many times I've started writing a contribution, then reviewed it to make
sure that I'm not criticizing anyone directly, and by the time I'm done
I usually end up just deleting the post.  Which is probably what I
should be doing right now.

It would be really nice if it wasn't this way.  Just my 2/100 of a dollar.

-Charles