[luau] solicit

Randall Oshita rho at hawaii.rr.com
Sun Oct 20 20:52:00 PDT 2002

Neal
     How do you like the look and feel of RH 8.0?  I really find it
great as a desktop application. The Ximian mail application works better
than K-mail or even MS. I know Crossover and VMware have great features
allowing the convergence of MS and RH.

Dan

On Sun, 2002-10-20 at 12:11, Neal & Gay Timon wrote:

> I have a peer to peer windows network at my dental office.  It seems
> gradually operate slower and slower unless I shut the system down and
> reboot.  The proprietary dental software I use mandates a Windows
> environment  (I think) and I hate the problems of computers freezing,
> losing the data base, etc.  I understand using Linux in the background
may
> be an answer.  I have bought Red Hat 8.0, installed it at home and
will play
> with it today to try and share a wireless network with my neighbor.  I
want
> help with the office project if it is feasible and will be beneficial.

+++

Question:
Running VMware or Crossover would still require you to run an instance
of MS windows right (guest OS)?
So that being the case, the Linux box is running an app Vmware which
uses an instance or guest OS of MS windows to run that MS dental app on
your Linux box.
Now if you were looking to switch to Linux to get-away from the problems
of MS, this would not work. Right??

I could be wrong and just trying to help.

Randall