[luau] kernel module, /proc filesystem, and mmap

Ray Strode halfline at hawaii.rr.com
Sun Oct 20 19:29:00 PDT 2002

>Hmm, it seems if proc_fops is set, these two have no effect.  That's not a
>big deal, since I only care about mmap'ing a variable.

I took a quick peek at the code and it seems that it already initializes
proc_fops, so maybe instead of
replacing it, you could just update it.

entry->proc_fops.mmap = ....;
that way the default handlers for seek, read and write work.

>I'll take a look at the example...

Yea the example was pretty clear and covers creating directories and
even creating /dev entries.

It doesn't cover your specific case with mmap though.

Anyway, when you send me your code i'll be able to find out more by
playing around.

Make sure you send me a makefile with it, because i don't know what
flags, include paths,
and preprocessor definitions need to be sent to the compiler,

--Ray