[luau] List Policy

Neal & Gay Timon timonn001 at hawaii.rr.com
Sat Oct 19 16:59:00 PDT 2002

Can we get some sort of policy on asking for someone to help you for money?
I have some suggestions ( I know I wasn't asked but what the   H---).

Construct a list of people who would like to do projects, tutor or what ever
and when someone like me inquires either refer them to or send them the
list.  It should probably should include phone contact or city so I could
contact someone near me.  I'm not even interested in Joe Linux who lives
somewhere in mountain time.  You might even juggle the names each time so no
one has an advantage.  Charge a small fee  to anyone using the list to find
a tutor etc.

The rest is only my 2c worth:  One of the things I have always been most
proud about is that I was a poor and hungry student.  I made a lot of
sacrifices working to put myself through school but I never though it
insulting to be a poor and struggling student.  I might also mention that
when my son was an enginering student at UH he worked for local firms
(called an internship) located through the school of enginering.  When he
graduated he was able to find a job here in Hawaii at a time when many of
his friends had to relocate to the mainland and that was due to contacts he
made in these jobs.  A final thing is that I also take a chance when I hire
someone.  I have no way to judge their competance.  A source of finding
tutors/jobs benefits everyone, I can get a project done and the other person
gains insight about jobs or perhaps starting their own business

Neal