[luau] Almost full /usr partition....

Rick Chavez chavez at hawaii.rr.com
Thu Oct 17 21:23:01 PDT 2002

Using the example I gave you could move everything to /home/usr.  Then umount /usr
and link the new /home/usr to /usr.

# mkdir /home/usr
# cd /usr
# tar cf - . | (cd /home/usr; tar xf -)
# cd /
# umount /usr
# ln -s /home/usr  /usr

You would also need to remove the entry that causes the old /usr to be mounted at
reboot.

This should work for most Unix OSes.  There is a slight potential for some "gotchas"
with some older OSes such as SunOS, but I'm assuming you're using something current
(probably Linux?).