[luau] Re: Graphic art design

R. Scott Belford sctinc at flex.com
Thu Oct 17 21:03:00 PDT 2002

On Thursday 17 October 2002 08:33 pm, Julio Gutierrez wrote:

> Wouldn't that make this list "commercial"?
> Instead why don't you ask for help and say you're willing to pay but ask
> whomever is interested to contact you directly or call you and take the
> "bidding" out of this list, that way other people don't get upset by the
> amount of traffic that they see on this list generated by the "bidding".

This concept I mentioned would NEVER overlap with this list in any way except
for its tangential mention.

In the proposed list policy that will be drafted I think that the only way to
allow for the occasional post looking to pay for linux assistance is to

1) Have the subject include [Solicitation] or whatever to ease filtering

2) Require that an off-list contact be provided to avoid any of the
negotiating traffic you so correctly wish to avoid.

scott