[luau] Graphic art design

Warren Togami warren at togami.com
Thu Oct 17 11:17:00 PDT 2002

On Thu, 2002-10-17 at 06:10, Robert Green wrote:

> Perhaps we could have a volunteer who could gently steer newbies or
> mild violations in the proper direction without getting too harsh on
> them? Or a Luau List Ettiquette article that can be gently worded and
> sent to offending parties?

Totally in agreement here.  That will prevent me from jumping the gun
again.  (I have punished myself for this infraction by donating another
$100 to the EFF http://www.eff.org.)

> In all fairness, I personally don't see any problem with the
> occasional commercial posting, providing it is related to the list,
> such as the infrequnt links to job openings of interest to non-MS IT
> professionals or announcments of open-source bases businesses and
> entrepenuers. I wouldn't want to see these postings everyday, but a
> couple of them in any given week doesn't seem unreasonable.
>
> Just my 2 cents worth =-)
>
> Rob

I am in favor of infrequent commercial postings too, providing that they
are well intentioned and on-topic to Linux or Open Source.  We must
however think about formal limits to this that will go into list policy,
and I like your idea of gently worded "List Etiquette" page that can be
sent to remind people.