[luau] Graphic art design

Joe Linux joelinux at earthlink.net
Thu Oct 17 05:19:00 PDT 2002

I wondered that myself, because I know sometimes things come through as
a double post.  Also when you are new to some list, or a strange one
like a "Linux" list then you might not acutely know if your message went
through.  My impression is the guy was just a friendly innocent guy who
needed some real help.  To blast him right away for "netiquette" issues
seems a bit hyper to me.  It probably would have been better to just let
it go unless there was more evidence that it was an actual problem.  My
opinion is that it's poor netiquette to always be telling others what
proper netiquette is.  Different people have different thoughts opinions
and styles and so forth.  There is just isn't any point in immediately
net picking unless something is actually a severe problem which is
bothering the great majority of readers on the list.  Like beauty,
netiquette is in the eye of the Netition.  In other words a Netlord
should wait until he/she receives a significant number of complaints
about an issue from the Netsurfs.