[luau] Graphic art design

Warren Togami warren at togami.com
Wed Oct 16 16:13:00 PDT 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "linuxdan" <linuxdan at hawaii.rr.com>
To: <luau at videl.ics.hawaii.edu>
Sent: Wednesday, October 16, 2002 3:24 PM
Subject: Re: [luau] Graphic art design

> Warren
>             I believe it was Grant who gave Edward the list for help but
as
> Grant doesnt understand LUAUs Spam policy, Im afraid Edward was unaware he
> was Spamming.  We should post a Spam notice prior to chastising any people
> who are sending such emails.
>
> Dan

I do realize I was too harsh on him.  It doesn't help that we don't have a
formal policy regarding commercial postings.  I thought hard about
commercial list policy back when Gary Sublett quit in protest of commecial
postings, but I couldn't think of anything that is fair.

I was a bit angered that he sent me mail directly and posted to the list
three times, that is very poor netiquette, but I guess it wasn't so bad
because he was asking to hire someone rather than selling a product or
service.

We should discuss possibilities for commercial posting policies in order to
avoid this kind of thing in the future.