[luau] non-profit incorporation

al plant webmaster at hawaiidakine.com
Tue Oct 8 07:52:00 PDT 2002

"R. Scott Belford" wrote:

> On Monday 07 October 2002 08:46 pm, Jimen Ching wrote:
> > On 7 Oct 2002, Warren Togami wrote:
> > >I like these names too, but I favor a name with "Education" and agree
> > >with Wayne's recommendation.  Thoughts?
> >
> > I also agree the word 'education' should appear in the name.  Anything
> > with 'education' and 'foundation' is fine with me.  Though I prefer
> > 'Hawaii' over 'Hawaiian'.
> >
> > --jc
>
> Okay.  I think that it sounds good either way.  I agree that using the word
> education does not exclude any non-education entity from receiving donated
> hardware and services.  I also agree that using the word education could
> possibly mislead someone.  Ultimately I believe that people will know what we
> do from a mission statement and our communications within the community.
>
> The frontrunners are emerging as:
>
> Hawaii Foundation for Open Source Education
>
> Hawaii Foundation for Open Source Technology
>
> Do we need to modify this with a The?, i.e., The Hawaii Foundation ...  if we
> use Hawaii over Hawaiian?
>
> scott

Try combine the two:

Hawaii Foundation for Open Source Technology Education.

Aloha! Al Plant - Webmaster http://hawaiidakine.com
Providing FAST DSL Service for $28.00 /mo. Member Small Business Hawaii.
Running FreeBSD 4.5 UNIX & Caldera Linux 2.4 & RedHat 7.2
Support OPEN SOURCE in Business Computing. Phone 808-622-0043