[luau] Red Hat 8.0 Tips & Tricks v1.0.0

Warren Togami warren at togami.com
Mon Oct 7 23:58:00 PDT 2002

On Mon, 2002-10-07 at 23:12, Ben Beeson wrote:
> So Warren,
>
> 	What's your take on RH 8.0???  I may wait until I finish a class I'm now
> taking before I upgrade so I don't lose my term papers, but in any case, is
> it a "go" now, or should we wait for 8.1???
>
> Thanks,
>
> Ben

Red Hat 8.0 is amazingly solid with one critical exception... RPM has a
nasty race condition that causes it to completely fail in some
instances, necessitating a kill -9, deleting some lock files or reboot
in order to regain RPM functionality.

I would wait for them to figure out this problem and supply updated
packages before trying Red Hat 8.0.  I think this will be sooner than
later as IMHO, this is the most critical bug in 8.0.  I will let
everyone know when this is fixed.

Warren