[luau] OpenSourceAdvocates

Warren Togami warren at togami.com
Mon Oct 7 23:52:01 PDT 2002

On Mon, 2002-10-07 at 23:40, ronal wrote:
> >From the State WUG...I wonder if Hawaii could...?
>

> Open-source software advocates will unfurl a legislative proposal next
> week to prohibit the state of California from buying software from
> Microsoft or any other company that doesn't open its source code and
> licensing policies.
> http://news.com.com/2100-1001-949241.html
>
> mahalo
> John
> VOX : 586-1940
> http://www2.state.hi.us/webusergroup/

I disagree, if we advocated for the banning of proprietary software, we
would be hypocrites to be advocates of free "choice".

Bruce Perens launched "Sincere Choice" initiative as an alternative to
Microsoft's "Software Choice" and these "Ban Proprietary Software"
legislations in California and several foreign countries.

"We seek to provide a fair market in which Proprietary and Open Source
software can compete solely on their merits."

Please read the Sincere Choice site for more information:
http://www.sincerechoice.org