[luau] non-profit incorporation

Warren Togami warren at togami.com
Mon Oct 7 19:30:00 PDT 2002

On Mon, 2002-10-07 at 17:13, R. Scott Belford wrote:
> > I see a common theme here of education, but wouldn't it be better to
> > name the
> > non-profit to something slightly more general, so that in the future we
> > can use
> > it for helping other non-school related entities?  Libraries, Youth
> > Centers, etc...
>
> Yes.  Great suggestion.  It should be more general.

Wayne highly recommended keeping the Foundation name specific with
"Education" because that may sound more sincere, and may attract more
donations.

I think that "Education" can also imply that we do non-school things, as
we do Educate business people in Open Source solutions too.

> I like the name.  You both are right in that it should be more general.
> There certainly are groups other than schools that could really benefit.
> Let's generalize.  I like how the following rolls of the tongue:
>
> Hawaiian Open Source Technology Foundation
> or
> Hawaiian Foundation for Open Source Technology

I like these names too, but I favor a name with "Education" and agree
with Wayne's recommendation.  Thoughts?

Warren