[luau] Demo progress report

linuxdan linuxdan at hawaii.rr.com
Thu Oct 3 21:20:00 PDT 2002

I hung the banner and handed out over two hundred more flyers downtown.

I sent several faxes to local radio and TV stations so let me know if you hear anything about the demo.

The banners are up tonight and if you happen to be driving by CompUSA let me know if its visible enough.

Three new projectors will be available tomarrow.
Everyone has been notified by the GM that we will be able to borrow those.

I will add to the morning meeting tomarrow for everyone to talk Demo.  Everyone should be handing out flyers tomarrow along with the schedule of events for Sunday.

I will be bringing the shirts down Saturday night.
You may want to wear dark blue slacks Sunday because there will be quite a few professional business people there.

I just received a voicemail from Chris Gillespie at RedHat and he wished us luck Sunday. Said they would be more supportive for the ITEC conference.

I have clearance to use the monitors in training center as long as we put everything back in place Sunday. They will also be going from room to room loading software for the next day of classes starting at 5pm.

Brian/Warren
I have news about those donated computers
On October the 10th the local and state government will be dropping off a lot of computer equipment. Some working and some not working. I will talk with John about that when he gets back on Monday. I should be able to get some of that equipment when I explain what it would be used for.

Dan