[luau] CD Rom Burner in Linux or Free BSD

MonMotha monmotha at indy.rr.com
Wed Oct 2 16:13:00 PDT 2002

al plant wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Anyone  have the name of a brand of CD Burner that works under Linux or
> FreeBSD?

Just about anything should work, at least in the IDE and SCSI
departments, but I'm a big fan of Plextors.  They're expensive, but very
nice burners.

Usually, it comes down to a choice of buying a cheap burner but having
it be picky about the media, or getting a nice burner that costs a bit
more but beign able to reliably burn just about anything you throw in
the tray (that's burnable of course :).

My little 16x10x40 PlexWriter is really nice.  I can basically ignore
those little burning speed ratings and throw
$FREE_MEDIA_AFTER_REBATE_OF_THE_MONTH in the tray and have it pop out a
CD that plays in almost anything.

--MonMotha