[luau] Duplicating Music CD

MonMotha monmotha at indy.rr.com
Wed Nov 27 10:29:01 PST 2002

Ray Strode wrote:
> W. Wayne Liauh wrote:
>
>> Does anyone know how to duplicate music CDs in either Red Hat or
>> Mandrake/
>

> I think you should just be able to go cp /dev/cdrom musiccd.iso
> and then use your favorite cd recording program to burn the iso to the
> the cd.
>
> --Ray

Music CDs are recorded in a different format, that I don't even know if
they can be access via the block device.  Also, since the music is in
multiple tracks, this wouldn't work.

You can use a program like cdda2wav or cdparanoia to rip the tracks,
then reburn them back, but then you lose all the metadata.

I know xcdroast will do it, but a nice command line tool would be great
for me too.

--MonMotha