[luau] Duplicating Music CD

al plant webmaster at hawaiidakine.com
Wed Nov 27 09:58:00 PST 2002

"W. Wayne Liauh" wrote:

> For a background info, I used the following script to do a "direct"
> (sorta) CD copying from /dev/cdrom (read-only CDROM) to /dev/scd0 (CD-RW):
>
> #/bin/bash
> mkdir /var/cd
> cd /var/cd
> cdda2wav -D /dev/cdrom -B -owav
> cdrecord -v dev=0,0,0 -audio *.wav
> rm -r /var/cd
>
> For some reason, this script no longer works in RH 8.0.  OTOH, this is a
> very simplistic script and was very slow even when it worked.  (xcdroast
> doesn't do direct CD copying, thus the above script was written.)
>
> W. Wayne Liauh wrote:
>
> > Does anyone know how to duplicate music CDs in either Red Hat or
> > Mandrake/

###################

cdrecord is what we use with FreeBSD for copying the files from the
harddrive and it should run from the command line with no difficulties.

You may want to examine the command line code for FreeBSD and see if
that helps you to see any problems. We copy the CD to be copied onto the
hd in a seperate directory for doing this then copy that to the CD rom
using cdrecord.

I haven't seen any way to go direct from a cd to a cdrom. I think you
are making a temp directory with your script to transfer the data or
audio right?

Aloha! Al Plant - Webmaster http://hawaiidakine.com
Providing FAST DSL Service for $28.00 /mo. Member Small Business Hawaii.
Running FreeBSD 4.7 UNIX & Caldera Linux 2.4 & RedHat 7.2
Support OPEN SOURCE in Business Computing. Phone 808-622-0043