[luau] Videl FTP

al plant webmaster at hawaiidakine.com
Wed Nov 27 09:41:00 PST 2002

eXt wrote:

> 1- Is Suse 8.1 or the latest Slackware in the Videl server?
>
> 2- If not, can someone tell me a good d/l mirror? ( i tried 5 last
> night but the dl speed was 5-10 K)
>
> 3- Anyone knows if mandrake 9 installs iptables by default? if not,
> what do i need to do to get them and install them?
>
> 4- What is the "best" distro for a "Commercial web-server" (i know
> mandrake is newbie friendly...but i'm having more headaches trying to
> install stuff on it because of this)

> Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com
###########################

Hi,

Before you decide on a commercial server OS take a look at FreeBSD it is
at version 4.7 . It is rock solid and easier to maintain than any other
we have tried at our ISP location.

It has a system for upgrading and adding fixes any time without
problems. There many Sys Admins on line to help with questions you may
have.

Aloha! Al Plant - Webmaster http://hawaiidakine.com
Providing FAST DSL Service for $28.00 /mo. Member Small Business Hawaii.
Running FreeBSD 4.7 UNIX & Caldera Linux 2.4 & RedHat 7.2
Support OPEN SOURCE in Business Computing. Phone 808-622-0043