[luau] New linux supercomputer

Eric Hattemer hattenator at imapmail.org
Mon Nov 25 21:33:00 PST 2002

Kind of reminds me of my friend, hpc.usc.edu
http://www.usc.edu/hpcc/hpc.html
They haven't updated the info page, in a while, and I don't think
they've benchmarked it lately, but its a pretty cool cluster (well, it
runs about 20-30F hotter than the room its in).  But the coolest thing
about this cluster is that the nodes are connected by a thing called
myrinet, which is an extraordinarily cool and probably expensive type of
switch that has 1GBit bandwidth between each node to any other node
through any path.  Unfortunately, they make use of it pretty well, and
wouldn't let me mess around with it.  Stuff like computational
chemistry, biology, geology (earthquakes).

-Eric Hattemer

Eric Hattemer <hattenator at imapmail.org>