[luau] spare parts - Hawaii Open Source Education Foundation

R. Scott Belford sctinc at flex.com
Sat Nov 23 15:20:01 PST 2002

Vince Hoang wrote:

>The office I work at will very likely be closing next month and
>has up to 10 Celerons and up to 20 CRT monitors that might be up
>for grabs. Is there an ETA on when a tax ID will be available?
>The tax ID might make it easier to convince the company to donate
>the equipment rather than ship them back to the mainland.

Mid-Pacific Institute has been the non-profit sponsor for us so far.  As
a school, they can accomodate your donation.  I expect us to have our
own TIN in about 6 weeks.  In an attempt to involve several parties in
the incorporation process, it is taking quite a while to meet at
convenient times.

>>If you want to participate or be in charge, come on, the boat
>>has plenty of room and many oars to row.
>>

>I am interested. Is there an URL for this effort?

I wish.  There was some information on our Wiki, but, as we just
recently finalized a name, we have no formal domain.  I personally host
the largest collection of domains that are nothing more than apache test
pages, so I have not yet attempted to mangle a website for us. :-)  I
can certainly suggest many things we need help with if you so desire.
 Warren can also.  Brian Low has a project that he will hopefully
include us in, and I know that he can use some help.

scott

scott