[luau] Upgrade to RHat 8.0

Warren Togami warren at togami.com
Thu Nov 14 11:50:00 PST 2002

DeanFujioka wrote:

>I recently performed an upgrade from 7.2 to 8.0 and most went rather smoothly.
>I did have all of my panel icons break and had to readd them... is this a
>known issue? Also, all of the screensavers are gone from the control panel
>listing. How can I put them back?
>Other than those two cosmetic issues, I am very pleased with this new kinder,
>gentler almost MACish feel to the desktop.

The buttons are a known issue.  I don't know about the screensavers...
are you talking about Gnome or KDE?

Be sure to check out my Red Hat 8.0 Tips & Tricks page.  apt-get is an
awesome thing to use on this distribution.  If you install apt-get edit
your /etc/apt/sources.list, remove the default sources and add this:

rpm ftp://videl.ics.hawaii.edu/mirrors/apt/ redhat/8.0/en/i386 os
updates freshrpms videl

Then type:
apt-get update
apt-get install synaptic

Run synaptic and check out the packages that are available.