[luau] Ghost for Linux and Pattition Image

Jim jim at JimRoby.com
Sat Nov 2 14:12:00 PST 2002

I use Power Quest Drive Image all the time in Windows;I find it the only
way to deal with M$.I was very excited to see the Ghost for Linux,but
reading the docs,he says it can take hours to produce an image.In Win
I can get an image of a normal 4-6gig sys in 15 min.It also does bite
by bite and needs Dos to work...it also needs a different partition to
write to,but that thwarts the idea of a drive crash.I install 2 HDs,one
strictly for the backup images.I get a big smile when a customers HD
crashes and burns(or Windows breaks) because I can drop by and bring
them back in about 45 min...("Modern technology is indistinguishable
from magic")ofcourse it is a time slice,but I concider it better than
RAID since you can step back to pre virus.Most of my customers don't
know they have a virus untill someone else tells them or the call me
usually a week after infection.