[luau] News - Namibia wisely spurns M$ 'gift' in favor of Linux

W. Wayne Liauh LiauhW001 at Hawaii.rr.com
Sat Nov 2 11:40:00 PST 2002

A friend of mine told me that Open Source's biggest enemy is the "Bill
and Melinda Gates Foundation", which has more than 20 billion dollars of
tax-evaded money (remember, half of that money should be ours).

One of the most notable good deeds of the B&MG Foundation is to donate
money, tens sometimes hundreds of millions of the tax-evaded money
(again, half of that should rightfully belong to me), to hospitals and
other charitable institutions to buy computer software.  Of course, as a
matter of law, no strings can be attached, and the recipients are under
no obligation, at least there is nothing in writing, to buy Microsoft
software.  However, as I was told, such a generosity has become the
single biggest threat to the Open Source movement.