[luau] disabling iptables

Ben Beeson beesond001 at hawaii.rr.com
Fri May 31 16:41:01 PDT 2002

Ronnie,

	Just a thought, if you are running a proxy server, it may need to be
configured to let you do what you are trying to do.  The firewall probably
won't effect this,  but a proxy may be telling your traffic to go outside and
then come back in, and you may not be able to do that.  Also, you may want to
check your routing tables to see if there is a path to your destination.

	Also, I seem to remember that RH has a security option on setup.  I can't
find it right now, but if you chose max security, or defaulted to it, you may
have locked yourself out of a few things.  I made this mistake once, and
after I fixed it everything worked OK.

Good luck,

Ben