[luau] I got rooted!!

Stockton, Wade wstockton at boh.com
Wed May 29 19:16:00 PDT 2002

I am swapping out the box and want to prevent future problems. The only problem is that the box is a Gateway Microserver (Cobalt Qube2 minus telnet ability). Cobalt has a tool on their website for configuring an ip firewall. I don't know enough yet to know which ports/services to lock out and in which order.

http://www.cobalt.com/support/tools/firewall.html

Could somebody look at the link and make any recommendations?
The only services I really need to go out are web and mail or is it incoming I need to worry about.

Wade