[luau] (Secure) NFS alternatives and centralized authentication?

Dustin Cross dusty at sandust.com
Wed May 29 10:37:01 PDT 2002

Forgot about your centralized authentication question.  LDAP!!!

http://www.openldap.org

Here is an example of how to get a non-LDAP application working with LDAP.
OpenBSD does not support LDAP user authentication, but it does support
radius and radius does support LDAP.  This guy has documented how tomake it
work.  http://www.webdaemons.org/~jamesp/openbsd_ldap.shtml

http://www.linuxworld.com/linuxworld/lw-2000-05/lw-05-nds1.html
Here is an article about NDS on linux and that it "natively supports the
LDAP directory standard, so it's simple to integrate it with LDAP
applications, services, and directory services that support LDAP".

Here is an article on how to use MS Active Directory with Linux.
http://online.securityfocus.com/infocus/1563

Dusty