[luau] Beta of small system image for POS terminal ready

MonMotha monmotha at indy.rr.com
Tue May 28 18:44:00 PDT 2002

http://videl.ics.hawaii.edu/~monmotha/smallsys/ and grab the file that's
in there.

I doesn't have a bootloader or an inittab yet (I can write the inittab
if you want), or any login utils.  It does have ssh and most of the
utils you'd expect on a normal system (other than the login stuff).  It
also has the zlib, readline, and ncurses shared libraries, which should
be enough to run something like dialog.

Everything on there was built with GCC 3.1 against GLIBC 2.2.5.  Minimum
kernel GLIBC supports is 2.2.20.

Uncompressed it's about 8.6MB, which will easily fit on a ramdisk in
most systems or can be put on a flash HDD.  Unfortunately, this is a bit
large to fit on even a double floppy boot system (compressed tarball is
3.4MB).

If there are any problems with it or if anyone has any suggestions
(including apps to include), please let me know.

--MonMotha