[luau] Linux in China

MonMotha monmotha at indy.rr.com
Tue May 28 08:02:01 PDT 2002

Just if anyone decides to build one themselves (I recently built a dual
1.4) or upgrade one:  The Tyan board is EXTREMELY picky about RAM.  If
it's not on the list, don't even try it.  The comp I built (I didn't
order parts, just assembled) currently has 2GB of worthless DDR RAM in
it because it won't work with the Tyan board (it's the right type, but
the board just don't like it...).  Needless to say, even with all the
bad RAM, when I can get it to do something, that sucker is FAST.

--MonMotha