[luau] RedHat 7.3 Gone Totally Weird

Joe Linux joelinux at earthlink.net
Tue May 28 02:57:00 PDT 2002

The problem with Mandrake was we tried to install KDE 3.0 along with KDE
2.2 and there certainly were problems.  I cured the RedHat problem by
formatting the drive and installing Mandrake 8.2 on it.  In other words
RedHat is totally gone from my life except for answering posts on this
list.

And Warrren here's what somebody suggested from the CLUE list:

Maybe I didn't have the acronym right, I think it's RHNSD, but it stands
for Red Hat (something else go here I think) Network Dameon.  It's like
windows update that happens without you asking basically.  If I'm wrong
here, somebody correct me - but once I install Red Hat ever since 7.0 I
think, I always have to type "setup" as root, go into the "System
Services" and stop that service from running.  Try that and let me know
if that stops your kppp connect attempts.

I tried that and I don't know if I shut off the correct "service," but I
still had the same problem, hence the switch to Mandrake 8.2 which is
much better for many reasons anyway.