[luau] ANNOUNCE: Thursday InstallFest, June Seminars, August Linux Conference

Warren Togami warren at togami.com
Tue May 28 00:27:00 PDT 2002

http://www.mplug.org/phpwiki/index.php/MPLUGInstallFest3
This Thursday (May 30th) we will have an InstallFest at Mid-Pacific
Institute.  Please visit URL above for details, map and driving directions.
InstallFests are events where people can bring their computer and get help
with any Linux installation or configuration issue.
HELP NEEDED!  I will need help from a few experienced Linux people in order
to make this event a success.

http://www.mplug.org/phpwiki/index.php/MPLUGSeminar10
Next Thursday (June 6th) is a very important meeting where we will be
discussing Linux for Hawaii's private and public schools.  I will be going
over details about LTSP technology, and our role in supporting the
promotion, growth and maintenance of Linux usage in Hawaii Education.
If you have contacts with school systems, please invite them to this meeting
so that they can learn about the possibilities for their school.  The
mention of "$3,500 for 25 desktop computers." should pique their interest.

http://www.mplug.org/phpwiki/index.php/MPLUGSeminar11
Thursday June 13th I will be giving another seminar about Linux servers.
This will be very similar to the seminar that I gave a few months ago.  In
this seminar I will give an overview of the various types of server tasks
you can do on the Linux platform, ranging from web, mail, database, firewall
and much more.

http://www.mplug.org/phpwiki/index.php/Events
The following two Thursdays will have a newbie install seminar and a very
advanced session covering system, network and kernel customization.  I hope
to do some other seminars on programming topics around July too.  Details
will be announced soon, so please check this Event Calendar URL above often
for updates.

Linux Education Technology Conference
The big idea for August is a "Linux Education Technology Conference" where
we would invite Educator Administrators and tech people from every private
and public school in Hawaii.  There we would educate them about the wide
ranging services Linux enables, extreme cost effectiveness and
maintainability, and the community and corporate support available.  I hope
to bring in guest speakers from Red Hat and Riverdale county to this event.

There is much planning that would be needed, so I hope the community can get
involved and help make this event a reality.  Please come to the meeting
next Thursday (June 6th) where we will be discussing these Linux for schools
issues.  If we can pull this off, this would be the BIGGEST Linux promotion
in Hawaii ever.

Warren Togami
warren at togami.com
Mid-Pacific Linux Users Group