[luau] ISO Images

Ray Strode halfline at hawaii.rr.com
Mon May 27 13:29:00 PDT 2002

Hi Edward.
>     This is going to sound real silly but, How dio I put an
> ISO image on a CD I D/Led undeder XP? This is the first time I have
> ever done this and am not sure what software/configuration is needed.
That's not a silly question at all.  If you've never done it before,
then how could you possibly know?

Well, most burners come with burning software.  Usually that software
will have an option that says something like "Burn ISO" or "Burn Image".
That's what you want to use.  If you don't have any burning software,
then you could download trial versions.  Two of the popular ones are:

Nero-   ftp://ftpu.nero.com/Nero5582.exe
CdrWin-	ftp://ftp.cdarchive.com/pub/goldenhawk/download/cdr40a-e.exe

Before you burn the CDs, I suggest that you verify that the downloads
went okay.  You can do this with a program called md5summer.  First get
ftp://videl.ics.hawaii.edu/mirrors/iso/redhat-7.3/MD5SUM

This contains the valid md5sums of the iso images.

Then get:

ftp://videl.ics.hawaii.edu/mplug/md5summer/md5summer-v11022.zip

unzip it and run the executable in it on the ISOs you downloaded.  The
generated strings should match the strings in the file, MD5SUM.  If they
don't match then don't waste your CDs burning the ISOs because something
went wrong during downloading.

--Ray