[luau] Swap space for 7.3

Warren Togami warren at togami.com
Sat May 25 13:54:00 PDT 2002

On Sat, 2002-05-25 at 13:20, Lucas wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm pretty new to linux, I've just installed the RH 7.3 on my box. I'm
> using BootMagic 7.0 to do dual boot with my Win 2000. I have couple of
> questions that may be can be answered easily by you all.
>
> Firstly, my RedHat 7.3 is running very slow (compare to my win 2000 in
> the same machine). Is it caused by the small amount of swap space I have
> (500MB with 128MB RDRAM). I'm sure there are a lot of other
> possibilities that may cause this.
>
> I'm also wondering if there's anyway I can get ahold of my files in my
> windows partitions(FAT32)? Do I use Samba?
>
> Thanks for helping me in advance,
>
> Lucas

Red Hat 7.3 has some kind of performance problem.  I'm still trying to
find the cause.

As for your boot menu, why do you need BootMagic?  The GRUB or LILO
bootloaders that come with Linux do the job just fine.

Your amount of swap space is fine.

As for getting your files from Windows, please login as root and type
"fdisk /dev/hda".  You may need to replace hda with another name if you
are using a different IDE controller.  Once in fdisk type "p".  Send me
what it prints.  Use "q" to quit.  Based on this information that you
send I will be able to tell you how you can mount your Windows partition
from Linux.