[luau] bootable raid and the MBR

Warren Togami warren at togami.com
Fri May 24 21:22:00 PDT 2002

On Fri, 2002-05-24 at 20:42, R. Scott Belford wrote:

> I think that I will go back to it a bit later tonight, reset the
> motherboard, and boot with only the array.  I am also going to see if
> another OS will boot with only the raid controller present.  Then I am
> going to sing karaoke to it.  Sometimes you gotta get wicked.
>
> Is it the bios that originally determines which drive to take a slice
> from for the MBR, or is it the first OS one installs?
>
> scott

There is only one thing I can think of.  In the BIOS boot order did you
set SCSI as the first boot device?  Try that, remove the IDE disk then
attempt a clean install onto the Adaptec array.

If this doesn't work, I forwarded your problem to Red Hat.  I'm also
further thinking about the problem myself.

While we wait for an answer, could you please work on the Acorp review?
If we don't get an adequate answer by Sunday I'll drive over to your
house and figure it out personally on Monday.  Would that work for you?

Warren Togami
warren at togami.com