[luau] do 2gb ram need swap space?

Warren Togami warren at togami.com
Fri May 24 18:21:00 PDT 2002

On Fri, 2002-05-24 at 18:03, MonMotha wrote:
> So basically they're using Rik's "new" (patched up, etc) VM (which from
> what I've heard is actually better than the Andrea VM in 2.4 currently,
> I've actually considered patching it into my kernels to try it out).
> RedHat is forgiven, at least on that front (I thought they were still
> using the VM as it was in stock Linus tree before it was changed).
>
> --MonMotha

Red Hat has always been using Rik's VM.  It did have problems early on,
but their errata kernels in the late 2.4.9-RH series for Red Hat 7.2
were VERY stable and fast because they applied all of Rik's fixes.

The 2.4.18-RH series is extremely stable too.  Unfortunately it has some
nasty performance problem that I am trying to isolate now...