[luau] do 2gb ram need swap space?

MonMotha monmotha at indy.rr.com
Fri May 24 16:28:00 PDT 2002

Under the older VMs you were supposed to always have SOME swap, though
I'm not sure if this is needed anymore under the newer 2.4 VMs (unless
of course RH is still using the old POS 2.4.9 kernel with Rik's old VM).

The double your RAM figure is totally off base though.  I'd probably put
in maybe 128 or 256MB of swap just to have some (the kernel will page
out stuff that has been idle for a really long time in order to free up
more RAM for a disk cache, which can improve performance), but 2x 2GB
RAM is totally wrong.  The RH guys need to be shot (once again) for
putting such a blind reccomendation in their setup prog.

--MonMotha