[luau] [Fwd: Re: Legislative Changes to Plant Patents]

W. Wayne Liauh LiauhW001 at Hawaii.rr.com
Fri May 24 16:19:00 PDT 2002

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: Legislative Changes to Plant Patents
Date: Fri, 24 May 2002 16:15:31 -1000
From: "W. Wayne Liauh" <LiauhW001 at Hawaii.rr.com>
To: AIPLA2 <AIPLA2 at aipla.org>, luau-request at videl.ics.hawaii.edu

(I really hope everytime we receive a .doc file, we will say something
to discourage it.  Below is an example.)

Hi Cynthia-

Thanks for your message.  However, we would appreciate not to receive
files in .doc format in the future, if possible.

We have no problem in someone else, or even AIPLA itself, aiding and
abetting Microsoft's illegal monopoly.  However, due to concerns over
macro viruses that are notoriously associated with the .doc documents,
trying to open a .doc document does imposse serious head aches,
especially for small firms like ours which couldn't afford a full-time
system administrator.

Thanks again for your timely message.

Sincerely,

W. Wayne Liauh, Ph.D., J.D.