[luau] Looking for school LTSP project

Warren Togami warren at togami.com
Fri May 24 13:40:00 PDT 2002

On Fri, 2002-05-24 at 13:23, Taylor Cody Civ SAIC/PETS wrote:

> That is a good thing.  I think the custodians can find a bunch of SUN
> monitors for us but we are going to need monitors for the Dell's at first.
> More monitors may come later.  We just discovered that the Dell GX1
> computers are PII-400, and the government is trying to get rid of all PII
> machines.  They won't give us all the GX1's in storage, but we are going to
> get a few.  The custodians and I are going to wipe the drives and add ram.
> Some of the hard drives will have to be destroyed.  I won't have a final
> word on wether machines can be donated to private schools, until Tuesday.
> If not im sure there are plenty of public schools who could use them.
> Private or public the first group of machines will be ready to go next week.
>
> Cody

If the machines cannot be donated to private schools, that's okay.
Unfortunately none of the public schools are anywhere near a point where
we can deploy Linux workstations or thin clients, so I need to continue
working on convincing them.

In the mean time, we can test and store those machines at Mid-Pacific,
marked with "public school only" stickers.