[luau] Reccomendations for backup routine/tools

Eric Jeschke jeschke at portcullis.uhh.hawaii.edu
Thu May 23 20:00:01 PDT 2002

On Thu, 23 May 2002, MonMotha wrote:

| I just acquired a couple tape drives (4GB Travan SCSI that I have two
| So, any suggestions?  I'd like to stick with tar if possible as it
| produces semi-standard archives (yes, I know GNU incremental tars aren't
| standard, but anyway), though I'm open to other progs like cpio if
| anyone's had a really great experience with them.

We've had some good experience with FlexBackup.  It's a script available
on freshmeat.  We're running it using the default configuration (cpio),
but it is configurable to use tar format, etc.

--
Eric Jeschke, Ph.D.      |  Assistant Professor of Computer Science
jeschke at hawaii.edu       |  The University of Hawaii at Hilo