[luau] C program question

Ben Beeson beesond001 at hawaii.rr.com
Thu May 23 18:29:00 PDT 2002

Eric, Ray, and Dean,

	 Wow, what great help!  I'll have to try as much of what each of you suggest
as I can.  The short story is I snipped a piece of code from an old Borland C
program, and said h-m-m-m  how do I do this with Linux???  A few manpages and
googles searches later landed me with the getch() function in <curses.h> ,
that's when the trouble started...

	Why "fprintf()"?  Just 'cuz mostly.  I'm still learning because I don't
program for a living, only when I have time and a pet problem I want to play
with.  Usually that means I try to find a new way to do a mundane things once
in a while.  In this case, I thought I'd try fprintf just to see what I could
do with it.

	Thanks for the pointer on the "el" switch, and now that I know about
<termios.h>, I guess I'll be playing with that too.

	Dean, your idea looks pretty short and sweet, when I get to C++, I'll try
that one too.

	Thanks again for all your help, I'll fool with this some more and see what I
can get to work.

Mahalo,

Ben