[luau] NEWS: Sherwin-Williams to use Linux Cash Registers

Warren Togami warren at togami.com
Thu May 23 17:18:00 PDT 2002

On Thu, 2002-05-23 at 17:15, Brian Chee wrote:
> By the way....this isn't a first.....NCR has had SCO Unix based TFTP boot
> registers for at least 10 years now....I helped set them up at shirokiya
> some time back....
>
> /brian chee

Dean & Scott,

Could you folks write-up how your RH Linux server and telnet clients are
currently connected, perhaps with diagrams showing which direction the
samba print shares go and the which devices the pass-thru printing
controls?  Then the whole list can discuss ways of transitioning your
existing Win98 telnet clients to Linux + SSH.

Brian,

Do you remember what the server side of that SCO based cash register
system was called?  The POS system currently being used by Pricebusters
is an SCO application running in Red Hat Linux with the Unix
compatibility kernel modules.  Perhaps your experience with that or
similar systems may help us in figuring out how to make a complete
conversion from Win98 to Linux on the client side.

Thanks,
Warren Togami
warren at togami.com