[luau] The Solution tp Mandrake 8.2 Ever Changing Permissions

Joe Linux joelinux at earthlink.net
Thu May 23 13:28:00 PDT 2002

After doing three installs of Red Hat 7.3 and then another install of
Mandrake 8.2 using the "ext3" file system, I found the program which was
overwriting the permissions of "/home/users" was "msec."
I believe Warren may have mentioned that in one of his posts.

"msec" is Mandrake's computer security program and you have to have it
set on "high" as opposed to "standard" to get the system to block one
user from entering another user's territory.

Perhaps Mandrake should rename their "standard" security level as "poor"
since "high" is actually "standard."

The only rationale I can think of is that Mandrake considers the dominate O$
as "standard" which actually equates to "poor."