[luau] Looking for school LTSP project

R. Scott Belford sctinc at flex.com
Thu May 23 08:08:00 PDT 2002

A little while ago some of this was discussed on the list, and it is
clear that there are a lot of us willing to pitch in and do something
for the schools.  Warren has arranged for a place to store hardware
while it is combed through.  I have not had any success sucking any
hardware from the few contacts I have made at UH.  You mention surplus
military hardware, Jeff.  Do you have access to this source?  It seems
like once enough hardware is contributed we would have enough for an
installation somewhere.  If that somewhere is not one of the schools
Warren has recently spoken to, then surely we can find one that would
accept the help.  I got the sense that Brian Chee may have a lot to add
to this endeavor.  With the recent budget deficiencies, this may come at
a good time.  I really don't know if there is a Union or a centralized
bureaucracy that we must go through in order to get public school x to
do this; surely private schools will be more navigable but less needy.
Your enthusiasm for this is shared by many, Jeff.  Hopefully we can all
be successful in contributing some part to this as it evolves and takes
a productive form.

scott