[luau] C program question

Ben Beeson beesond001 at hawaii.rr.com
Wed May 22 23:31:00 PDT 2002

Aloha,

	I'm wrestling with a little program....  What I want is for the program to
"pause" for a moment when it is done with output until the user presses a
key. Then it should continue.   What I thought should work is this:

#include <curses.h>
#include <stdio.h>
#include <stdlib.h> /* for exit function */
#include <string.h>
#include <assert.h>
#include <ctype.h>
-
-
  fprintf(stdout,"Press any key to proceed.\n");
  getch();
-
-
-

When I "make" this it returns errors like this:
	[ben at VALinux nitroxblender]$ make
	gcc -Wall -g -c MOD.c
	gcc -Wall -g -o MOD MOD.o
	MOD.o: In function `best_mix':
	/home/ben/devel/nitroxblender/MOD.c:365: undefined reference to `stdscr'
	/home/ben/devel/nitroxblender/MOD.c:365: undefined reference to `wgetch'
	collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
	make: *** [MOD] Error 1

So my question is why do I get undefined references to `stdscr'  and `wgetch'
when the compiler gets to the line with the call to getch()???

	This should be easy, but for the life of me it escapes me.  Any ideas would
be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Ben