[luau] Re:Red Hat 7.3 Resolution?

Warren Togami warren at togami.com
Wed May 22 16:17:00 PDT 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "Joe Linux" <joelinux at earthlink.net>
To: <luau at videl.ics.hawaii.edu>
Sent: Wednesday, May 22, 2002 3:57 PM
Subject: [luau] Re:Red Hat 7.3 Resolution?

> Well how do I get Red Hat 7..3 to lock into 1024 x 768 resolution?
>
> Warren Togami wrote:
>
> > George, . . .

During the last InstallFest we got it working properly on your laptop in
Mandrake 8.2 by setting it to Generic 1024x768 LCD in the list of monitors.
I have found that this works with both Mandrake and Red Hat on my own
laptop.  Please look for that and let me know how it goes.

In order to find the tool you will need to login to a text terminal and run
"setup".  X configuration is within there.

And yes, I do agree that Red Hat's setup tools are confusing and lacking
cohesion compared to other brands like Mandrake or SuSE.  I sparked a
lengthy thread on this topic on the Skipjack and Valhalla mailing lists
earlier this month.  I do hope that they address this problem for Red Hat
8.0.