[luau] Unwanted Perrmissions Changes - Drake 8.2

Warren Togami warren at togami.com
Wed May 22 13:40:00 PDT 2002

George,

I have been hesitant in saying this for a while now, but I now feel that I
must say it.  You often do not listen to my advice (like this about msec),
and within most your posts you do nothing but complain without giving
substantive reasons behind your opinions.  I don't mind if you post opinions
that I disagree with, but I do mind your usual brand of posts without
explainations to backup your reasoning.  I interpret these types of post as
whiney and non-constructive.  To make matters worse you constantly violate
the quoting netiquette rule after I have asked you politely several times to
properly trim your reply quotes.  It was also annoying when you replied
several (~5) times to a thread with the aforementioned type of posts a few
weeks ago.  Please keep in mind that everything you post is sent to over 200
people.  That was over 1,000 messages of non-constructive nature.

http://videl.ics.hawaii.edu/pipermail/luau/2002-May/008004.html
Even though I disagree with the content in this post of yours, I consider
this to be a constructive post because you included enough explanation and
reasoning behind it.  In the future though, I hope that we can keep the
conversation more toward the problem solving and not be so quick with
accusations as to who is at fault (like Mandrake in this case).

I do thank you for your contribution to the community with the hard drive,
but I must ask that you to please take into consideration these grievances
of mine.  I hope to maintain a high standard of constructive list posts akin
to Bugtraq.  They maintain their quality through moderation of every post.
I do not plan on taking that path of censorship, instead I will soon be
instituting a formal LUAU list policy taking into consideration things like
constructiveness, reasoning to backup claims, quote trimming, etc.  I hope
to write this policy within the next few days.

I do admit that I have been at fault for several of these mentioned items in
the past, and I must change my behavior too.  So please do not construe this
message as a personal attack, as it is not meant to be.