[luau] need som ehelp with red hat mirrors

Warren Togami warren at togami.com
Tue May 21 22:24:00 PDT 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "Andrew Keyes" <ark at speakeasy.org>
To: <luau at videl.ics.hawaii.edu>
Sent: Tuesday, May 21, 2002 9:33 PM
Subject: [luau] need som ehelp with red hat mirrors

>   I the middle of downloading the new RH 7.3 on videl the mirror
> vanished.  I was curious if anyone was aware of this and if so when it
> might be coming back.
>   My second question regarded downloading the iso images, ftping to the
> videl server I was rejected and it doesn't appear there is anyway on the
> browsers I know of, (konqueror;mozilla) to download files in binary
> mode. Could someone explain how to do this.
>
> Thanks,
> Andrew

Sorry about that.  I had to decrease the # of allowed FTP connections in
order to speed up the download of the full Red Hat and KDE mirrors.  Those
mirrors are now mostly complete so I will be opening more FTP connections
soon.

In the mean time you can download stuff from this super secret temporary
HTTP location.
http://videl.ics.hawaii.edu/mirrortemp-8yhg42g/mirrors/redhat/linux/7.3/en/i
so/i386/

Alternatively, are you a Speakeasy subscriber on the mainland US?  Speakeasy
runs one of the fastest mirrors in the United States.  It is even very fast
for Hawaii RoadRunner customers.  Their Red Hat 7.3 ISO location is here:
ftp://speakeasy.rpmfind.net/linux/redhat/7.3/en/iso/i386/

Warren Togami
warren at togami.com