[luau] New to Group - Problems with cron.daily

Warren Togami warren at togami.com
Tue May 21 21:57:00 PDT 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "S Chouinard" <susan at cloud10.com>
To: "Warren Togami" <warren at togami.com>
Sent: Tuesday, May 21, 2002 9:19 PM
Subject: RE: [luau] New to Group - Problems with cron.daily

> Hi Warren,
>
> This is a brand new dedicated server that came with Red Hat installed on
it,
> so I haven't applied any patches or anything as of yet. Have only had it
for
> about a week.
>
> Hopefully I'll get this fixed without having to call but I'll take you up
on
> your offer. So nice to know there's someone willing to help! I've posted
> other mailing lists on the web, but have gotten no assistance, no replies
at
> all.
>
> Susan

Oh okay.  If that is the case, then I highly recommend doing a new install
from scratch with Red Hat 7.3.  It has far more modern versions of all
server software and it will require far less security patches to keep
secure.

Do you have high speed Internet?  If so, you can download the 3 Red Hat CD
images from our local mirror and burn yourself a copy.  Either that or you
can buy a boxed copy of Red Hat 7.3 from CompUSA.  When you have the CD's I
can walk you through an optimal install over the phone, help you to secure
and configure it, then teach you how to properly maintain it from now on.

I wrote this short guide about 3 ways of getting Linux.  The two ways I
mentioned above are the quickest.
http://www.mplug.org/phpwiki/index.php/GetLinux
You can download the 3 images from here.  Grab the i386 images.
http://videl.ics.hawaii.edu/mirrortemp-8yhg42g/mirrors/redhat/linux/7.3/en/i
so/i386/

May I ask what company this server is for, and what it will be used for?
Where is it located?  Perhaps I will be able to help you in the setup if the
physical location is near town.  Otherwise I can do everything remotely
after the initial installation is done properly.  Would you be interested in
our free training classes coming up in within the next few weeks?

Let me know when you are ready to do the installation.

Warren Togami
warren at togami.com