[luau] Microsoft doesn't allow other browsers than IE or Netscape on parts of hotmail

The penguin penguin at ryuhei.myip.org
Fri May 17 01:33:28 PDT 2002

After reading slashdot about Microsoft changing the personal profile on
hotmail to be viewable to anyone, I decided to turn the thing off.
When trying to change the Personal Profile option in hotmail you must use a
IE or Netscape to access it.  I think Ms is trying to be very
anti-competitive as we already know. This is dirty!

Ryuhei

ps: here is the article
"East Side Journal reports that without telling anyone, Microsoft has
suddenly changed the privacy preferences  for all Hotmail users. They're now
sharing your name and other personal information with third parties, even if
you said you didn't want that when you signed up. (If you're a user, login,
go to Options > Personal Profile, and un-check the boxes at the bottom of
that page.)" The same reporter has written a follow-up article today.